Wednesday 2 February 2011

Goa to Delhi

Our 3 tier bunk beds on the train
Lovely sunset in Goa!
Amazing Saturday night market in Baga
picture of the next train out the train door

We had a great time in Goa! Very relaxed and very hot. It was just Sian, myself, and Connor in Goa which was cool, and we got a room right on the beach. Saturday night we went to an incredible market which was just HUGE and full of hippies and awesome things being sold. We had some really yummy food and met some great people. Unfortunately the area we were staying at is quite touristy, but there are ways to get away from it. We chilled out most of the time and ate yummy sea food...even Siany! We were very proud of her, and I think she's excited about it. Sian and I headed back the other day to start out 30 hour train journey  back to Delhi. We were on a really old train, and the man next to us got cursed by a tranny in the first five minutes. Not a good way to start the journey! Luckily S/he didn't ask us for money else things could have been real hairy. Its nice to be back in our hostel in Delhi, and we're so excited for Bangkok tomorrow! I've really enjoyed my time in India. Every area we've visited has been completely different and people are so friendly (with the exception of evil mullet man.) I've learned that there are literally NO RULES in India. Our driver even said to me: "The only driving rule in India, is that there are no rules"...comforting. I'm expecting a lot more laughs at my passport picture; my entry into India began with Mr. Kahn from customs laughing out loud and getting his buddy to come over and take a look. Looking forward to what's next!! Sending big kisses! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment