Thursday 14 April 2011

SYDNEY!!!

life size lego great white shark! - Sydney aquarium






Sydney Opera House!
I LOVE SYDNEY!!! Like Hanoi, this has been one of those cities that I walk into and instantly fall in love with. There is so much to do, and a great feeling around town. The weather has been beautiful, and it's probably helped that I've been able to walk around on my fixing feet! On my first day of exploration I visited Paddy's market, had breakie in Darling Harbour, and went to the National Maritime museum to see an exhibition about the British children who emigrated over here in the 1800's. Then I went to the aquarium which was great, although I felt a bit out of place being a childless adult in there...oh well. I had a wander through the city and found myself across the way from the Harbour bridge and Sydney Opera House. It was getting dark though, so I saved those two for the next day and started my walk back to Chinatown. Yesterday I visited the Wildlife Centre which was terrific, except I didn't get to hold a koala :( I had a walk through the Royal Botanical Gardens and stopped in at the NSW art gallery which was great as they had a photography exhibition on of Australian landscapes and a dance performance by the little ones from the Chinese Cultural centre. The Botanical Gardens pop you out right at the front of the Opera House which was a nice surprise and it was great to see! There are some great nooks and crannies in the city full of funky boutiques and galleries which I love finding, and can't wait to explore some more! Its supposed to be rainy tomorrow, and then sunny for the rest of the week...so here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment