Saturday 2 April 2011

Kuala Lumpur

we saw some big

big

BIG gold Buddhas

Christian getting our food at the market for our cooking class


on my way to Koh Tao



When I left Koh Tao, the weather hadn't changed and was still windy and stormy...but I got on the ferry of 300 people anyways despite warnings not to. At first everyone was enjoying the rocky ride like it was a roller coaster, but that soon changed. About 20 minutes in people fell silent, and as soon as one girl was sick the WHOLE boat was sick. I couldn't actually stop laughing because it was like a domino effect and a lot of us couldn't take the situation seriously. We got to Koh Samui safely where I boarded my plane to Kuala Lumpur! I met some great Norwegian guys at the airport and we headed for a hostel that had been recommended to me by one of my dive team members-Monkey Inn. Last night we went out for some curry (actually can't get enough!) and some beers and then it was an early night for me. This morning I set off bright and early to explore the city centre. The weather is REALLY hot here, and the people are incredibly friendly. Its the first time I've been in a modern built-up city for a while, and it was quite a shock really. They have EVERY food chain I've ever seen, along with all the UK shops and even a Marks and Spencers! I wasn't tempted tho and took myself for some noodles. People just sit with you and want to chat which is so lovely, and everyone seems to be very smiley and welcoming. They LOVE their shopping malls here, and there are loooads of them. I like it here, and will probably spend a couple days here to do more exploring(shopping).
Kuala Lumpur

Twin Towers KL

they LOVE their shopping malls! this one has a roller coaster in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment