Friday 4 March 2011

Saigon

Apart from getting attacked by a dog and burning my leg getting off a motorcycle, I've had a blast in Saigon. My first day here I had a wander around and a much needed rest! The month's traveling and lack of sleep has definitely caught up with me, and I'm feeling the need for sleep! Wednesday I took myself off and got totally lost which I loved! The city is completely packed full of motorbikes (5 million) and the traffic is totally nuts. Once again there are no traffic rules per say, and the lanes are relatively non existent, but people rely more on their horns. Realising I was far away from where I wanted to be, I hopped on a motorbike and away I went to Distric 3 to a restaurant I had heard good things about. The rest of the day was dampened by the muffler burn I got on my way back to District 1, but nevermind. I met some cool people in my room, and also bumped into the guys I traveled down to Nha Trang with. The food here is fantastic, and you honestly can't swing a cat for noodle soup stalls...which suits me just fine!

Yesterday I went on a tour to the Cu Chi tunnels which was really interesting. In the afternoon I visited the War Remnants Museum, but only briefly as I couldn't actually handle how graphic the images are. The museum is definitely one sided, and put Americans in a very bad light which unfortunately (I feel) affects how Vietnamese people feel about Americans today. Maybe one day I'll return to see more at the museum, but yesterday I was more in the mood for ice cream. I had a great walk back to the hotel and then went out to dinner with the guys from my room. Today I went to a cooking class which was fantastic, and I can't wait to get home to cook up a Vietnamese feast (everyday). It was only myself and Hungarian Lonzo, so it was a very private class indeed!
Off to Cambodia tomorrow morning, and I can't wait! I've heard only good things about Cambodia...along with the fact that CHRISTIAN IS COMING! YAY!
You've probably guessed by now that I'm a big fan of Vietnam, and I'm sad to leave. But I know that I'll be back with a good idea of what I want to do.

guide showing us how small the tunnels are!

chillin out with some sweet models

"Notre Dame"

SO MANY MOTORCYCLES!

...chihuahua on a motorcycle

Getting ready for my cooking lesson!

my feast!

The chef really wasn't this miserable


No comments:

Post a Comment